The unit, whose construction began in 2017 at the Crist Shipyard in Gdynia. The passenger-car ferry is being built for a shipowner from Iceland. The planned date of the unit's sentence is June 2018.
HERJOLFUR (NB70) is a roll-roll-out ferry, which means that cars and people can be transported. The unit will cruise between the islands of the Westman archipelago. NB70 is the possibility of accommodating 10 persons of the crew and 390/540 passengers (winter / summer). The unit has a total length of 69.4 m and 15 m wide.
|Start of construction||2017|
Scope of work
The AN-ELEC company in 2017/2018 in the construction of NB70 at the Shipyard Crist in Gdynia for the Icelandic shipowner will perform the following works:
- execution and assembly of routes and cableways along with the delivery of materials
- installation of single cable passages with the delivery of materials
- manufacture and assembly of equipment fasteners and electrical devices up to 50 kg with delivery of materials
- mounting accessories and electrical devices weighing up to 1200kg with the delivery of materials
- position and fastening of cables, wires and optical fibers
- connection of cables, wires and optical fibers together with technological materials and required measurements
- sealing cable penetration of all types
- starting and passing the unit for the Owner and Classification Society